1 hr 30 mins
For those of you who watched Top Chef on Bravo channel, you may recognize this as a dish Elia prepared. It was the only thing simple enough in the whole show I thought I could make. It is a wonderful never-fail dish. It sounds like a lot of work but really after you wash and cut the veggies, there's nothing to it. And clean-up is a breeze if you use heavy duty aluminum foil in the roasting pan. I leave out the zucchini because it gets too mushy for me. Even though this dish is a meal in itself, I usually prepare some stuffing to go along with all the buttery broth. The rosemary smell in the kitchen is indescribable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed, legs tied together
- 2 cups butter, cut into pieces
- 5 carrots, cut in chunks (I use mini carrots instead)
- 5 zucchini, chunked (I use 2 large onions instead)
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms
- 12 ounces small dutch potatoes or 12 ounces fingerling potatoes
- 4 -6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Rub chicken all over with 1/4 cup of the butter and salt and pepper generously.
- 3Combine vegetables and spread into one layer in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- 4Distribute remaining pieces of butter over vegetables and season with salt.
- 5Top with chicken and fresh herb sprigs.
- 6Roast 15-20 minutes per pound.
- 7Allow to sit a few minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1683.7
- Calories from Fat 1313
- Total Fat 145.8 g
- Saturated Fat 73.6 g
- Cholesterol 487.8 mg
- Sodium 965.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 65.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: