Recipe by ~Leslie~
An easy and delicious way to serve chicken! Cooking chicken with the skin and bones takes a little longer but gives a more juicy and tasty result. From Egypt Cooking Today. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was OMG Great! The honey-cream sauce was just the right blend of sweet yet so creamy and light. And the chicken was moist and flavorful. I will make this again and again (and again and again), and I will not change a thing, except perhaps increase the amount of honey-cream sauce so we have extra to top a side of rice, as someone had suggested. This will surely be included at the top of my Favorite Recipes Tried in 2011. Thank you for sharing your recipe, ~Leslie~.
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 15 ml wine vinegar
- 1 cup 35% real whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with half each of the salt, pepper and thyme.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In batches as necessary, brown chicken breasts, skin side down, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn and brown other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish skin side up and set skillet aside, reserving any butter and brown bits.
- Roast chicken in oven for about 35 minutes or until well browned.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium heat and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and remaining salt, pepper and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits stuck to pan.
- Stir in cream and honey and boil gently, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken in dish and roast for about 10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is bubbling.