1/2 Photos of Roasted Chicken With Rosemary
2 hrs 15 mins
Cooks like a pot roast, but with whole chicken instead. Note: Instead of basting, chicken may be cooked breast side down for 1 1/2 hours, then flipped for 30-60 minutes to brown the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.16 ml minced fresh rosemary or 29.58 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 roasting chicken (5-6 pounds)
- 9 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in the seasonings. Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- 2Spoon half of butter mixture over chicken. Place potatoes, carrots, and onions around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
- 3Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 30-60 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 180°F and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally.
- 4Cover with foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Serve vegetables with roast.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 431.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g