Recipe by Ginny Sue
An Italian-style chicken dish. The chicken is moist and tender, and the pan juices are so tasty with it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well.
- Place mushrooms, tomatoes and onions in a ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Brush about half of the oil mixture on the vegetables.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables.
- Brush with remaining oil mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken halfway through baking.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with pan juices.