Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
low-carb delicious and pretty.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green)
- 1 medium onion
- Place washed and dryed chicken in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary and lemon juice.
- Brush over chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over chicken.
- Roast in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise into 1/2 strips.
- Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Toss vegetables with remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Place veggies around chicken.
- Continue roasting until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked, about 40 minutes.
- Serve chicken with peppers and pan drippings.
Very nice. Simple and flavorful...the rosemary is perfect. Thanks for the recipe!
I rarely feel compelled to photograph dishes, but this was so pretty when it came out of the oven, I simply had to. I loved the ease of preparation, and the chicken was moist and delicious. I, too, added some garlic and we enjoyed it over rice pilaf. A simple, enjoyable dish we'll be trying again. Thanks, Karen!
This is delicious! And so easy to prepare. I too, as another reviewer suggested, added a bit of minced fresh garlic. I also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a red, yellow, and orange pepper (neither by DH or I like green peppers). I served it with roasted red potatoes. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for a great recipe.