1/2 Photos of Roasted Chicken With Marmalade
1 hr 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo that I'll try on Saturday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup marmalade
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup flat-leave parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- 2Roasted Chicken: In a bowl, mix marmalade, butter, parsley and dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3On a working plan, with a chief knife, cut the bone in the back of the chicken to open it flat. Delicately loosen the skin of the breasts and thighs without breaking it. Spread the mixture of marmalade between the meat and skin. Put the chicken on the baking sheet, breasts side up Add salt and pepper.
- 4Cook in oven 1h15 to 1h30 or until thermometer inserted in the thigh, without touching the bone, shows 82 C (180 F). Baste with the baking juice at mid-cooking. Set aside the chicken and baking juice for the sauce and keep warm.
- 5Orange Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute while stirring. Add orange juice and chicken stock. Bring to boil while stirring with a whisk. Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add baking juice of the chicken. Adjust seasoning.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.3
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 252.9 mg
- Sodium 453.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 52.0 g