Recipe by GingerlyJ
I grow lavender so I had to try this recipe. once you do, I guarantee you will never forget it. I serve with roasted red potatoes, tomato gratin and apple, goat cheese and endive salad. you can find all these recipes on my page
- 1 whole chicken, quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and position racks towards the middle of the oven.
- Season chicken quarters with salt and arrange in one layer onto a baking sheet or two. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine lavender, thyme, rosemary, honey and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Baste the chicken with the lavender honey marinade every 5 minutes for an additional 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked though and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from the oven, loosely cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.