2 hrs 5 mins
Herbs de Provence can be hard to find. Try one of the health food stores or gourmet stores that sell bulk spices in little, plastic bags. This seasoning makes a nice change from the usual flavors Americans use with chicken. Its different without being weird. Garlic and a dash of sherry rounds out the flavor for a simple but delicious meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and prep chicken. Place in roaster.
- 2Peel the garlic clove by whacking it with the flat of a knife (yes, you could just take the peel off, but the smashing/bruising releases the flavor as well as removing the peel).
- 3Put the garlic into the chicken's cavity.
- 4Put 1/2 the sherry into the cavity and sprinkle half over the chicken's breast.
- 5Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence over the chicken.
- 6Roast, covered, at 350F for 60-90 minutes depending on the size of the chicken then remove the lid and roast uncovered another 15-30 minutes until the skin is crisp and the chicken is fully cooked.
- 7If you want a sauce either use the pan juices to make gravy or deglaze the pan with a little white wine. Either would be delicious.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Herbes De Provence
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 50.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence