Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful way to prepare your chicken based on an old Jewish recipe very moist and tender.
Make and share this Roasted Chicken With Grapes and Fresh Ginger recipe from Food.com.
- 1587.57 g chicken, whole insides removed
- 59.16 ml ginger, fresh grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt, kosher
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml green seedless grape
- 118.29 ml red seedless grapes
- 59.14 ml shallot, chopped
- Mix 2 tablespoons ginger, 3 cloves garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour into a ziplock bag big enough to fit chicken into. (I use gallon size freezer bags.
- Add chicken to ziplock bag.
- Let marinate in fridge for 2 to 24 hours. (longer is better).
- Cut grapes in half.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove chicken from ziplock bag and place in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Brown all sides of chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Add remainder of ginger, garlic, shallots and as many grapes to chicken cavity that will fit.
- Roast chicken for 1 1/2 hours.
- Check to make sure chicken is completely cooked, if not add more time.