2 hrs 30 mins
Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
A wonderful way to prepare your chicken based on an old Jewish recipe very moist and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken, whole insides removed
- 4 tablespoons ginger, fresh grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup green seedless grape
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1Mix 2 tablespoons ginger, 3 cloves garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Pour into a ziplock bag big enough to fit chicken into. (I use gallon size freezer bags.
- 3Add chicken to ziplock bag.
- 4Let marinate in fridge for 2 to 24 hours. (longer is better).
- 5Cut grapes in half.
- 6Preheat oven to 350.
- 7Remove chicken from ziplock bag and place in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 8Brown all sides of chicken.
- 9Place chicken in roasting pan.
- 10Add remainder of ginger, garlic, shallots and as many grapes to chicken cavity that will fit.
- 11Roast chicken for 1 1/2 hours.
- 12Check to make sure chicken is completely cooked, if not add more time.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Grapes and Fresh Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g