1 hr 30 mins
Love, Laugh, Eat!'s Note:
This mouth watering bird will bring curry leaves into the main stream! Until then, you can find them in Asian and Indian markets. Serve this with my Curried Béchamel, Cinnamon Basmati Rice and Honey-Cardamom Glazed Carrots for an Indian inspired meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, rough chop, divided
- 2 carrots, chopped, divided
- 2 celery ribs, rough chop, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 8 -10 curry leaves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, whole
- 1 teaspoon allspice, whole, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, whole, divided
- 1 (4 -5 lb) chicken, whole, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Spray the bottom of a roasting pan with cooking spray, then place 1/2 of the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in pan.
- 2Wash and dry chicken. Stuff with remaining vegetables and half of the curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin. Rub graham masala under chicken skin onto meat.
- 3Place chicken into roasting pan. Place remaining curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin on top of and around chicken.
- 4Roast chicken in 350°F oven for about 85 minutes to 1.5 hours or until done.
- 5Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Curry Leaves and Spices
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.2
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 207.0 mg
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: