Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This mouth watering bird will bring curry leaves into the main stream! Until then, you can find them in Asian and Indian markets. Serve this with my Curried Béchamel, Cinnamon Basmati Rice and Honey-Cardamom Glazed Carrots for an Indian inspired meal!
- 1 medium onion, rough chop, divided
- 2 carrots, chopped, divided
- 2 celery ribs, rough chop, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 8 -10 curry leaves, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, whole
- 1 teaspoon allspice, whole, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, whole, divided
- 1 (4 -5 lb) chicken, whole, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Spray the bottom of a roasting pan with cooking spray, then place 1/2 of the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in pan.
- Wash and dry chicken. Stuff with remaining vegetables and half of the curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin. Rub graham masala under chicken skin onto meat.
- Place chicken into roasting pan. Place remaining curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin on top of and around chicken.
- Roast chicken in 350°F oven for about 85 minutes to 1.5 hours or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.