Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Better Homes and Gardens Healthy recipe Seasoning the chicken with a bit of apple cider vinegar beforehand helps tenderize the chicken before roasting. Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 skin on bone in chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 spanish chorizo, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, large, smashed
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut into long wedges about 1/2-inch thick )
- 1 large red onion (cut in half and then cut each half into quarters)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 sprig rosemary, plus additional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Season chicken with vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally until starting to brown about 2 minutes. Add chicken, skin side down and cook, until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes, garlic, onion, rosemary, white wine and remaining tablespoons oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Place chicken and chorizo on top of vegetables and roast until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Divide chicken and potatoes among plates and garnish with additional rosemary.