Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite soups...I like to use rotisserie chicken.
Make and share this Roasted Chicken With Caramelized Onions Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until onions are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Heat broth, black pepper, garlic, thyme, carrots and celery in stock pot over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until carrots and celery are tender.
- Stir in noodles and chicken and cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in onions and serve.
Wonderful soup! The addition of carmelized onions added a great layer of flavor to a classic recipe. It was met with rave reviews from the whole family. I used a rotisserie chicken and homemade stock. This is definitely becoming part of our regular soup rotation. Thanks for posting!