Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This is a fabulous dinner for when there is unexpected company and you have a deli close by! Of course, if you are an organized person, you never have unexpected company; and you have already roasted your own chicken. Either way, its a winner.
Top Review by Diana #2
I chose to make this because I love blueberries. However, it surprised me at just how very good it was. This sauce was easy to make, and turned my hum-drum spicy 'shake n bake' chicken into something very special. Seriously, I'd be proud to serve this to guests, it was THAT good. I didn't have wine, so just doubled up on the broth. Other than that, it was made as written. I'll certainly be making this more often. Especially since I have a good supply of wild blueberries in the freezer. Ya know.....I think I'll try it with pork tenderloin too. Thanks for sharing this recipe BB. Made in memory of your dearest.....Ed.
- 1 roasted chicken
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the roasted chicken into quarters.
- In a warmed saucepan, add the sugar and stir until it melts.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, vinegar, peppercorns and blueberries.
- Increase the heat to medium high and reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in the butter to thicken the sauce, taking care not to let it come to the boil.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange quartered chicken on serving plates and top with sauce.