1/1 Photo of Roasted Chicken With Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 hr 15 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces (giblets, neck and backbone reserved for another use)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- 2Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish.
- 6Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour.
- 7If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- 8Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- 9Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat.
- 10Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings.
- 11Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken.
- 12Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of