Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like to marinate this overnight for best results. The chicken comes out tender and moist.
Make and share this Roasted Chicken With Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic clove, olive oil, salt and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove chicken from bag and arrange in a large greased baking dish. Roast until chicken is just cooked through, about one hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place baking dish over a burner over medium low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan mixing any brown bits and drippings into the broth. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken and serve.