- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lbs chicken (or goose)
- 1 lb fresh apricot, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Rub chicken inside and out with mixture.
- Roast in a 425° oven until golden, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Lower heat to 350°, add apricots and sugar to pan juices.
- Baste chicken and apricots with juices and continue roasting 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove to heated plate, pour juices over and sprinkle with almonds or pistachios.