Recipe by Manda
To all of my fellow garlic-lovers, this dish will make your taste-buds happy, happy!! Tons of garlic, and just the right amount of seasonings. This is sooo good!! I have a bad habit, though, of hogging up all the garlic cloves, so I usually throw a few extra in...Hey, you can NEVER have too much garlic:)
Top Review by glenda424_12191767
As a cook, I have done many chickens in many ways over the years, this is the BEST recipe, EVER. I tossed in some small potatoes at the end and it was perfection. Thanks for this recipe.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 small onion, cut in half
- 2 stalk celery, cut in half
- 1 small lemon, cut in half
- 20 garlic cloves, unpeeled (2 whole heads)
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oil, rosemary, and thyme in small bowl.
- Rub over outside of chicken.
- Place onion, celery, and lemon in cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up, in dutch oven.
- Scatter garlic around chicken.
- Pour white wine and chicken broth into dutch oven.
- Place on stove top, cover, and bring to boil.
- Transfer to preheated oven, and bake, covered 25 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, uncover, and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove chicken and garlic to platter and cover with foil.
- Skim as much fat as possible from pot.
- Squeeze out 6 cloves of garlic into small bowl, mash to a paste, then whisk in about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
- Serve broth with chicken, along with remaining cloves of garlic as garnish on each plate.
- To eat garlic, gently press with fork to squeeze out from skin.