1/2 Photos of Roasted Chicken With 20 Cloves of Garlic
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
To all of my fellow garlic-lovers, this dish will make your taste-buds happy, happy!! Tons of garlic, and just the right amount of seasonings. This is sooo good!! I have a bad habit, though, of hogging up all the garlic cloves, so I usually throw a few extra in...Hey, you can NEVER have too much garlic:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 small onion, cut in half
- 2 stalks celery, cut in half
- 1 small lemon, cut in half
- 20 garlic cloves, unpeeled (2 whole heads)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix oil, rosemary, and thyme in small bowl.
- 3Rub over outside of chicken.
- 4Place onion, celery, and lemon in cavity of chicken.
- 5Place chicken, breast side up, in dutch oven.
- 6Scatter garlic around chicken.
- 7Pour white wine and chicken broth into dutch oven.
- 8Place on stove top, cover, and bring to boil.
- 9Transfer to preheated oven, and bake, covered 25 minutes.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, uncover, and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- 11Remove chicken and garlic to platter and cover with foil.
- 12Skim as much fat as possible from pot.
- 13Squeeze out 6 cloves of garlic into small bowl, mash to a paste, then whisk in about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- 14Stir in parsley and salt.
- 15Serve broth with chicken, along with remaining cloves of garlic as garnish on each plate.
- 16To eat garlic, gently press with fork to squeeze out from skin.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With 20 Cloves of Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 541.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.0 g