1/1 Photo of Roasted Chicken Wings With Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise
Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
This recipe is from the July 1999 issue of Gourmet Magazine. These wings with a Spanish influence need to marinate for at least 8 hours. Gourmet suggests putting them in the refrigerator before you go to bed so they'll be ready for roasting the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings (12 to 14 large wings)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sweet spanish smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
For the Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise
- 1Cut off wing tips, reserving for another use, and halve the wings at the joint.
- 2Put wings in a large sealable plastic bag.
- 3Finely shop the garlic and add to the bag with the red wine, water, 1 teaspoons paprika, vinegar, sugar and salt. Seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- 4Marinate wings in bag placed in a large bowl in the refrigerator, turning bag once, at least 8 hours and preferrably overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 6Arrange wings in a large shallow baking pan large enough to hold them in one layer. Pour marinade over them. Roast wings in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes. Turn wings over and continue to roast them until the marinade is reduced to a glaze and the wings are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes more.
- 7Make mayonnaise while wings are cooking:.
- 8In a bowl whisk togehther all mayonnaise ingredients.
- 9Serve wings with mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken Wings With Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (1634 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 517.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar