Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite' by Melissa Clark
- 1 large apple (or 2 small)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons dill or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crusty bread, for serving (or rice)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Core the apple and slice as thinly as you can, between 1/8 and 1/4 inch.
- In a 13 x 9 inch pan, toss all the ingredients except 1 tablespoon cilantro (or dill or parsley).
- Spread the ingredients out into one layer in the pan.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the apples are softened, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro.
- The sauce will be thin, so serve with crusty bread for sopping up the sauce or over rice.