- 2 1⁄2 lbs whole broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on a roasting rack in a small roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Heat until butter melts and honey dissolves. Pour over chicken.
- Roast in 325F oven for 1 hr and 15 min, basting every 10-15 minutes. Raise temp to 375F and bake 15 min longer.
- Allow chicken to rest 10 minutes before carving; serve with pan juices poured over.