Recipe by dividend
This is my shortcut chicken stock. I like the flavor better starting with a leftover roasted chicken carcass compared to raw chicken pieces.
- 1 chicken carcass, from a 4-5 lb roasted chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled and broken in half
- 2 large celery ribs, broken in half
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients to the pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally.
- Remove the lid and strain through a cheesecloth lined colander.
- Cool in the fridge, skim off the fat, and use or divide up for freezing.