1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #345175's Note:
Wonderful, rustic stew. The balsamic vinegar gives it amazing flavor Leftovers are delicious, but the stew does tend to discolor in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts root vegetables, cut in 1-inch chunks, such as parsnips, turnips, new potatoes, onions and baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons tarragon (divided)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (divided)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 ounces green beans, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat large, heavy nonstick roasting pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- 2Toss root vegetables with vinegar, 2 teaspoons tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, garlic, salt, black and red pepper until coated. Bake in preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes, until vegetables begin to caramelize.
- 3Add green beans. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, until vegetables are tender.
- 4Remove vegetables to large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- 5And wine to pan, scraping brown bits off bottom. Add chicken. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Add chicken to vegetables. Cover.
- 6Place roasting pan on top of range. Add broth. Bring to simmer.
- 7Stir flour with 1/2 cup water until smooth. Add to broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 8Add 1 teaspoon tarragon and 1/2 teaspoon tyme. Return vegetables and chicken to pan. Toss to coat evenly. Heath through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken Stew Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 371.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: