Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Roasted chicken takes most the work out of this easy soup
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, fully roasted from deli
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery & leaves, diced
- 1⁄2 parsnip, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove roasted chicken from bones and tear into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken, carrots, onions, celery, & parsnips in large stockpot. Season with salt & pepper & & add broth. Cover with cold water.
- Bring a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat & simmer uncovered until chicken is thoroughly cooked & tender.
- Add dill and parsley and simmer 20-30 minutes more.
- Adjust salt & pepper to taste.
- Notes/Variations: Turn into Chicken Noodle Soup by adding Brown Rice Noodles about 10-15 minutes after adding the dill & parsley.