Recipe by Ceezie
A purchased rotisserie chicken makes this salad a snap. Cook the beans until just crisp-tender.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken, discard. Remove meat from bones and chop. You should have about 4 cups of meat.
- Toss chicken, beans, bell pepper, basil and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl; pour over salad, tossing gently.