Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came from Jean_Gorges Vongerichten. He was on the Martha Stewart Show this past week. It looked absolutely delicious and DH said I had to make it. So its for dinner this evening. This is great made in cast iron pan.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- coarse salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 roasting chicken, plus the
- 1 chicken liver
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter a medium roasting pan with 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons oil. Place potatoes in a single layerin roasting pan. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Place liver, rosemary, thyme, and garlic inside cavity of chicken; using kitchen twine, tie legs together to enclose. Rub chicken with remaining tablespoons of each butter and oil. Place chicken ontop of potatoes on one of its sides.
- Transfer roasting pan to oven and roast for 20 minutes. Turn chicken onto its other side and continue roasting until juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instand read thermonmeter. 10 to 20 more.
- Carve chicken in roasting pan allowing the juices to combine witht he potatoes. Serve from the roasting pan, spooning pan juices over potatoes.