Prep 10 mins
Cook 41 mins
A great soup recipe that I got off a realtor's postcard that we had received in the mail. The postcard indicates the recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, diced
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, oregano, thyme, and poultry seasoning over vegetables, and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, potatoes, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add roasted chicken, milk, and egg noodles, and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
This is a really delicious and comforting soup. I didn't have leftover chicken, so I cut up 3 small chicken breasts and sauteed them in some butter, salt, pepper and season salt. Also in place of the evaporated milk I used 1 cup of 2 percent milk with 2 T. of powdered milk added. I will definitely be making this again.
Delicious even without the potatoes and noodles. Thanks!