Recipe by DonnaColorado Johnson
A complete meal in one recipe. Simple, delicious goodness! From "Quick from Scratch One-Dish Meals"
Top Review by LifeIsGood
We enjoyed this complete meal. I would definitely give the roasted potatoes and asparagus 5 stars. That was absolutely delicious! I thought the chicken could benifit from some browning though. Perhaps browning the chicken on the stovetop before putting it in the oven? I thought the chicken was a bit too plain and didn't have that roasted taste or texture. I will definitley be making the roasted potatoes and asparagus again. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, halved
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends cut off, cut diagonally
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. In a large roasting pan toss potatoes and garlic with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Put the pan in the upper third of the oven and cook, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon of oil; arrange chicken skin side up, in a smaller roasting pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top each breast with a piece of butter.
- Stir potatoes. Put chicken in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus, remaining tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper to the potatoes. Stir and continue cooking until chicken, potatoes, and asparagus are done, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Remove both pans from oven. Toss vegetables with lemon zest and serve with chicken.