1/2 Photos of Roasted Chicken Legs With Plum Chili Salsa
Mrs Goodall's Note:
When we moved into our first house a few years ago, we were lucky enough to have the most fabulous italian plum trees. This was the first recipe I made that first summer with my plums. It is soooo good. I like dark meat chicken with the skin on (I am not ashamed!!!). But I'm sure you can make with white meat and save a few calories. It is easy and pretty quick, I hope you'll enjoy it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 whole chicken legs (thighs attached)
- 1 lb Italian plum, ripe and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1For the marinade.
- 2In a food processor puree plums, garlic paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, sugar, jalapeño, gingerroot, mustard and black pepper to taste until mixture is smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 3In a large saucepan bring the marinade to a boil, simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until reduced to about 2 cups. Let cool.
- 4Prick the chicken in several places with a fork. Arrange chicken in a large shallow dish in one layer. Pour the marinade over the chicken reserving 1/4 cup for topping the finished dish. Let the chicken marinate covered and chilled (turning it once) for at least one hour or preferably overnight.
- 5Transfer the chicken to an oiled rack set over a foil lined roasting pan.
- 6Spoon the marinade over the chicken and roast the chicken in the upper third of a preheated 450-degree oven for 30 –35 minutes or until cooked through.
- 7When chicken is finished cooking, arrange on a platter and top with the 1/4 cup of reserved marinade as well as garnishes: plum wedges, lime wedges and whole mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken Legs With Plum Chili Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.9
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.2 mg
- Sodium 1851.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 63.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar