1 hr 25 mins
Easy, delicious lasagna with ricotta, feta, and mozzarella cheese. Saves time using a rotisserie chicken and jarred pasta sauce. Taste like you have slaved for hours. From Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Janet & Greta Podleski. The recipe calls for low fat ingredients but I used full fat much to everyone's approval :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 0.5 (5 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 small rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 4 cups chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, cottage cheese, spinach, egg, oregano and back pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Prepare lasagna noodles according to package. Drain. Rinse. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- 3While noodles are boiling, remove skin from chicken and chop meat into bite size pieces. You should end up with about 3 1/2 cups of chicken. Set aside.
- 4Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 5To assemble lasagna :.
- 6Spoon 1 cup sauce over bottom of pan.
- 7Arrange 4 noodles, 3 lengthwise, 1 crosswise over sauce.
- 8Top noodles with another 1c sauce
- 9Top with 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 feta, 1/3 mozzarella and 1/3 of the olives.
- 10Arrange 4 more noodles over top, followed by 1c sauce, 1/3 of the chicken, all of the ricotta/spinach mixture, 1/3 feta, 1/3 mozzarella, and 1/3 olives. Repeat layering with remaining noodles, sauce, chicken, feta, mozzarella, and olives. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- 11Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375°F for 40 minute Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 min before serving.
- 12*** I know the layering sounds confusing. It isn't 1/3 c of each. It is a third of each. Like use one third of the chicken, one third of the feta cheese, and one third mozzarella etc for the layering. **.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken Lasagna With Ricotta and Spinach (Taste of Home)
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 772.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese