Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from "super suppers" cookbook. It is a great weeknight, make ahead 1 dish dinner. It can also be made and frozen for future use. Hope you enjoy it!
- Remove meat from chicken, cutting into bite size piece; discard skin and bones. (approx 3 cups) Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray.
- For sauce, stir together spaghetti sauce, undrained tomatoes, and chili powder. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 uncooked noodles. cover with the chopped chicken. Top with 3 more uncooked noodles. Cover noodles with 2 cups of the sauce.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, garlic, and egg; dollop on top of sauce. Top with remaining noodles. Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 10 minutes more.
Very good! I made this tonight using a fully cooked rotisserie chicken, whole wheat lasagna noodles, lowfat cottage cheese and lowfat mozzarella. No one knew it was on the "healthy" side. The only ingredient I added was 1 tsp. Italian seasoning to the sauce. The ingredient lists a roasting chicken, but doesn't say if it should be cooked or not (not all chefs may know to cook it first); and also it's listed to use cottage cheese, but the directions call for ricotta. I covered the dish with foil while baking for 40 minutes, then removed it for 10 minutes.