Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Tyler's Ultimate," episode "Ultimate Cordon Bleu."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -7 chicken wings
- 3 medium carrots, in 3-inch pieces
- 2 large celery ribs, in 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small cubes
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed oven-safe pan. When shimmering, add chicken, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and spread evenly in pan. Transfer pan to preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is golden brown.
- Add white wine and chicken stock. Stir, scraping up and browned bit on the bottom of the pan. Simmer 5 minutes until liquid reduces about half.
- Strain sauce, pressing down on vegetables with the back of a ladle. Discard solids. Add butter and swirl pan until it melts and sauce is thick and glossy. Adjust salt and pepper.