Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slightly more luxurious variety of roasted chicken. Of course you should try to find the best chicken available. Truffle is very expensive. Certainly other mushrooms will make a good result as well.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) chicken
- 2 ounces butter, room-tempered
- 1 small black truffle (ca 1/2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- white pepper
- Heat the oven with grill to 200 deg C/400 deg F
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Finely slice or chop the truffle.
- Mix half of the butter with salt, pepper, truffle and lemon juice. Melt the rest of the butter.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the breasts using your fingers, but leaving the skin on, making pockets. Be careful not to break the skin.
- Fill the "pockets" with the butter mixture.
- Tie up the chicken nicely.
- Roast the chicken for about one hour, turning occasionally and brushing with the remaining butter, until beautifully brown on all sides.
- Serve hot as a main course, or cold as finger food.