Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
While chicken is marinating, cut up the vegies and dinner is ready to go when you are...and the kids like it too. Thank you Rose Murray!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 8 large tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Cut chicken crosswise into 5 or 6 strips.
- Toss with half the oil.
- Add the lime juice, chili powder, and cumin to chicken and mix.
- Set chicken mixture aside in the fridge to marinate, 30 minutes or longer.
- In a large roasting pan, combine onions and peppers, drizzle with remaining oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken mixture.
- Sirring once or twice, roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas tightly in foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a heated platter and serve with tortillas, lettuce, avaocados, salsa, and sour cream.