Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh herb, chef's choice
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 32 fluid ounces chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, whisked into
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 fluid ounces enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 scallions, chopped
- ---To prepare the chicken---.
- Stuff the chicken with onion, garlic, herbs and pepper.
- Roast at 375° for 1½ to 2 hours.
- ---To prepare the enchilada sauce---.
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch and boil 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and keep warm.
- ---To prepare the filling---.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- ---The final assembly---.
- Dip tortillas in enchilada sauce, put strip of filling across each one, and roll tightly.
- Place side by side in pan, sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over all, top with scallions, and enjoy!