Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Your meat and vegetables cook together in this dish. When the chicken and vegies are done you have a wonderful gravy in the pot to serve over the vegetables. It makes the house smell so good while cooking.
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I prefer Campbells)
- 4 ounces water
- 3 -4 white potatoes, peeled and halved
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2-1 fennel bulb (halved or quartered)
Coating for chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pour the cans of soup and the 1/2 Cup of water in the bottom of a large non-stick roaster.
- Put the whole, rinsed chicken in the middle of the pot.
- Mix the olive oil and spice coating and pour over the chicken.
- Add the vegetables around the sides and on the top of the chicken.
- Cover and bake in a preheated, 375 degree oven, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until vegetables are fork tender.