Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This easy weeknight meal comes from The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper.
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, lightly rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 6 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- ground pepper, to taste
- Turn the oven to 450°F In a food processor, finely chop the lemon, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, and cumin.
- Cover a shallow roating pan with foil. Arrange the chicken breasts on the foil, skin side up, and spread the lemon mixture over them. Grind a generous amount of black pepper over the chicken and place in the oven. Reduce heat to 325°F.
- Roast chicken for 45 minutes, pasting it with its pan juices, until the chicken reaches 170F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Alternative roasting method: Roast 1 hour at 300°F.