Recipe by CarrolJ
I created it up some time ago...it's easy, tasty, fairly inexpensive and my family likes it. I have given the recipe as if you were making only 1 piece of meat...most chicken breasts are fairly large and so just use as many pieces as people you are serving unless you think someone may want a second serving. This can also be made using other chicken pieces, if you wish...but do not make with boneless pieces or it will not be as moist.
- 1 piece bone-in skinless chicken breast (per person)
- sweet paprika
- black pepper
- instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken base or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay chicken breasts in a greased baking dish bone side down.
- Sprinkle liberally with the paprika covering most of the meat.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt& pepper.
- Top each piece with a thin layer of dried minced onion.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn over all the pieces bone side up.
- Sprinkle lightly the other side of the meat with more paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the 1 1/2 cup of hot water.
- NOTE** DO NOT pour cold water into a hot glass baking dish or it will break.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of chicken base or bouillon to the water.
- Bake another 30 minutes.
- Make sure juices run clear.
- Let meat sit in the juices in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before serving to allow some of the juices to be absorbed in the meat.
- Turn the pieces back over and serve bone side down for prettiest presentation.
- The meat should be done all the way through and yet still nice and juicy.