Recipe by nitko
This recipe was shown on Croatian TV in “regional cuisine show”. I’ve added potato because I thought it might be also a nice side dish. Besides, potato will absorb juices from chicken and vegetables. I’ve tried it; it is nice, really nice.
- 1600 g roasting chickens (the whole chicken)
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 20 g fresh rosemary (fresh, branches)
- 10 g fresh thyme (fresh, branches)
- 300 g artichokes
- 150 g carrots (whole)
- 200 g onions (baby onion, fresh)
- 400 g potatoes (baby potato, small)
- 10 g salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt several hours before actual work.
- Spread olive oil with hand all over the chicken. Squeeze both lemons and spread lemon juice over chicken. Used lemon halves put inside the chicken. Put rosemary branch and thyme branch inside the chicken. Bind the legs. Oil the pot you’re going to roast with olive oil.
- Peel the artichoke and separate “hearts” (you can cover artichokes with some lemon juice to prevent premature darkening).
- Peel potatoes (if they are small, leave them whole) and place them around chicken. Add artichokes, onion, whole carrots (cleaned). Season the vegetables with salt.
- Roast the chicken first 30 min on breasts, than turn to its back and roast for more 45 minutes on 200°C Serve with potato and artichokes (carrots and onion will be burned and not nice to eat).