Colorful and easy salad to make in advance to serve chilled or room temperature. Using rotisserie chicken limits cooking to boiling pasta. Transports easily. Has a "Greek" flavor, but not traditional. Easily modified for size of group or individual tastes. Add other vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini) as desired. I'm always asked where I bought the salad, I'm assuming that's a compliment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- 2Boil orzo pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain reserving some pasta water.
- 3Place orzo (warm pasta will absorb more of the dressing) and shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add 4 TB of dressing and toss to coat.
- 4Add 2 TB pasta water to remaining dressing.
- 5Add remaining ingredients to orzo and chicken. Toss and refrigerate from 1 hour to overnight.
- 6Toss with remaining dressing before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken, Artichoke, Feta and Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 414.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g