Recipe by love2ck
Colorful and easy salad to make in advance to serve chilled or room temperature. Using rotisserie chicken limits cooking to boiling pasta. Transports easily. Has a "Greek" flavor, but not traditional. Easily modified for size of group or individual tastes. Add other vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini) as desired. I'm always asked where I bought the salad, I'm assuming that's a compliment.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded fine
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (shredded or diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup crumbled feta (try the pepper or tomato basil feta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Boil orzo pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain reserving some pasta water.
- Place orzo (warm pasta will absorb more of the dressing) and shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add 4 TB of dressing and toss to coat.
- Add 2 TB pasta water to remaining dressing.
- Add remaining ingredients to orzo and chicken. Toss and refrigerate from 1 hour to overnight.
- Toss with remaining dressing before serving.