Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make several of these at a time. They taste even better as a quick snack or lunch the next day. This is a receipe from Cooking Light w/a slight variation on using the pita bread rather then pizza dough.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp provolone cheese (5 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of roasted chicken or 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse& Drain Artichoke hearts and pat dry dry w/a papertowel and chop finely.
- Combine Artichokes, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add spinach, cheese, chicken, and toss gently to combine.
- Cut pitas in half and stuff w/mixture.
- Place pitas w/stuffed mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 10-12 minute.
- Serve w/Marinara sauce for dipping.
- *Let Calzones cool to room temperature before wrapping for snacks the next day.
- This will prevent the pita bread from getting soggy.