Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite comfort food on a cold day. It makes your house smell amazing! It makes a huge batch, however can be 1/2ed or doubled easily depending on your groups size. You can used leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken too, great way to use up leftover meats and veggies. I serve this with my Loaded Foccacia Bread and everyone's happy! I made the seasoning amounts a little vague because you should taste the soup as you season so it works according to your tastes.
- 3784.0 ml water
- 78.07 ml chicken base
- 709.77 ml cubed leftover roasted chicken
- 473.18-709.77 ml chopped celery
- 2 small chopped onions
- 473.18 ml chopped baby carrots
- 0 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g cavatappi pasta (I never substitute this one because it traps all the juice and veggies making it a very hearty soup)
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 4.92-9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground sage
- Place water in a large pot. Add the chicken base and stir well.
- Add all vegetables and turn on medium heat, bringing to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for about 30 minutes add seasoning and bring back to a boil.
- Dump in pasta and cook till tender/firm.
- Add the diced chicken and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Freezes well.
This is delicious! I used zucchini instead of the red pepper becaust it was handy. I also used large elbows instead of the cavatappi. Great recipe that you can have fun playing with.
Excellent flavour in this soup and easy to prepare. I loved it. I bought a new electronic chopper and tried it out on this recipe and wished I wouldn't have since it made all the veggies WAY too small so I was getting bits of veggie in every single bite. Nonetheless, you want the veggies chopped (carrots sliced) not pulverized but no matter, this was outstanding and one I will make again. I halved the recipe and it still made a ton. I cooked the pasta on the side and dropped it into each bowl since I knew I'd be freezing some and didn't want it to get starchy. Thanks for this one. I truly think the poultry seasoning made the flavor in this dish. I've never seen it put in chicken soup before. Loved it.
This soup was pretty tasty. I couldn't add any pasta, since I was making this soup for a wheat-allergic family member. It was still very good. Thanks for the recipe.