1/5 Photos of Roasted Chicken and Root Veggies
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was on the package of shallots I purchased awhile back. I made only a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, washed and patted dry
- 10 white pearl onions, peeled
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 medium shallots, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- seasoning salt
- lemon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place washed chicken in a large baking dish.
- 3Toss veggies in olive oil and then place around chicken.
- 4Pour the chicken broth over veggies and chicken, sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- 5Add seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- 6Lay rosemary sprigs over all.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently.
- 8Remove the rosemary sprigs before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken and Root Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1091.8
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 255.1 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 70.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: