This recipe was on the package of shallots I purchased awhile back. I made only a few changes.
Make and share this Roasted Chicken and Root Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, washed and patted dry
- 10 white pearl onions, peeled
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 medium shallots, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- seasoning salt
- lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place washed chicken in a large baking dish.
- Toss veggies in olive oil and then place around chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth over veggies and chicken, sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Add seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- Lay rosemary sprigs over all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs before serving.