Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rotisserie chicken, store-bought, makes a great topping for this fast spicy pizza. Stop by a local pizzeria and pick up a pound of pizza dough and you've got it made! Food & Wine Magazine, Grace Parisi's contribution.
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 3 large leeks, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick and separated into rings (white and tender green portions only)
- 473.18 ml shredded skinless roasted chicken meat (from 2 legs or breast)
- 473.18 ml Fontina cheese, shredded
- 78.07 ml spicy oil-cured olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 453.59 g pizza dough, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 500°F
- Preheat a pizza stone or generously oil a large baking sheet.
- Melt the butter & crushed red pepper flakes in a large skillet.
- Add the leeks and cook over moderate heat until just softened but still bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Stir in the chicken, half of the Fontina and the olives and season with salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper (amount depends on how hot you like it).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or stretch the dough to a rough 14-inch round.
- Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel or rimless cookie sheet, or to the oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the chicken and leek mixture on the pizza, leaving a 1-inch border of dough.
- Brush the border with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the remaining Fontina over the top and season with pepper.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone, if using, and bake for about 10 minutes on the stone or 16 minutes on the baking sheet, until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Transfer the pizza to a rack and let cool slightly before serving with a crisp California Sauvignon Blanc and a salad of mixed baby greens.
Done with homemade pizza dough and a lot of leek, olives and peppers.
I added some artichoke leftovers!
Delicious and healthy! I'm glad to complete this recipe with photo and review!
I wish you all the best!