1/1 Photo of Roasted Chicken and Leek Pizza
Rotisserie chicken, store-bought, makes a great topping for this fast spicy pizza. Stop by a local pizzeria and pick up a pound of pizza dough and you've got it made! Food & Wine Magazine, Grace Parisi's contribution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large leeks, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick and separated into rings (white and tender green portions only)
- 2 cups shredded skinless roasted chicken meat (from 2 legs or breast)
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup spicy oil-cured olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 lb pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 500°F
- 2Preheat a pizza stone or generously oil a large baking sheet.
- 3Melt the butter & crushed red pepper flakes in a large skillet.
- 4Add the leeks and cook over moderate heat until just softened but still bright green, about 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 6Stir in the chicken, half of the Fontina and the olives and season with salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper (amount depends on how hot you like it).
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll or stretch the dough to a rough 14-inch round.
- 8Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel or rimless cookie sheet, or to the oiled baking sheet.
- 9Spread the chicken and leek mixture on the pizza, leaving a 1-inch border of dough.
- 10Brush the border with the olive oil.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining Fontina over the top and season with pepper.
- 12Slide the pizza onto the hot stone, if using, and bake for about 10 minutes on the stone or 16 minutes on the baking sheet, until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- 13Transfer the pizza to a rack and let cool slightly before serving with a crisp California Sauvignon Blanc and a salad of mixed baby greens.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken and Leek Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.1
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 505.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: