Recipe by Monica120179
I found this recipe in a magazine. I modified it a bit to suit my taste. It is a great light soup that is very hearty and filling--especially on a cold winter day. I roast extra chicken breasts for this recipe but a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store would be great too.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced (about 2 large onions)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups roasted chicken, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked pasta, shapes (bow tie, spirals etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat chicken broth, bouillon cube, carrots, celery and pepper in a large pot.
- While the soup base is heating, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and sauté until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir onions into soup base. Add chicken and stir well.
- Taste the soup to see if more chicken bouillion or water is needed.
- Add uncooked pasta and low boil for 10 minutes.
- Soup is ready!