Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful main dish salad that is healthy, and perfect for summer! My kids gobbled it up!
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 roasting chicken, roasted (I used a supermarket rotisserie chicken)
- 6 -8 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
Optional Mix Ins
- raisins (optional)
- craisins (optional)
- toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Juice the limes and orange, and pour juice into a small bowl, straining to remove seeds. Add honey, ginger, pepper, salt, and canola oil. Whisk to blend well.
- In a large bowl mix the lettuce, cantaloupe, grapes and carrots. Add in the cubed chicken.
- Just before serving, strain out the fresh ginger, and drizzle some of the vinaigrette onto the salad. Sprinkle on toasted almonds, raisins, etc. if desired.