Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful main dish salad that is healthy, and perfect for summer! My kids gobbled it up!
Make and share this Roasted Chicken and Cantaloupe Salad With Ginger Lime Vinaigrett recipe from Food.com.
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 roasting chicken, roasted (I used a supermarket rotisserie chicken)
- 6 -8 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
Optional Mix Ins
- raisins (optional)
- craisins (optional)
- toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Juice the limes and orange, and pour juice into a small bowl, straining to remove seeds. Add honey, ginger, pepper, salt, and canola oil. Whisk to blend well.
- In a large bowl mix the lettuce, cantaloupe, grapes and carrots. Add in the cubed chicken.
- Just before serving, strain out the fresh ginger, and drizzle some of the vinaigrette onto the salad. Sprinkle on toasted almonds, raisins, etc. if desired.