Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is such a delicious salad to take to work for a low-fat lunch, or for any time...purchase the chicken all ready cooked at your deli to save time...I always prepare a large batch of this salad, keep it in the fridge (it even tastes better the second or third day) and take it to work on a plastic container. Try not to omit the toasted nuts, as they seem to give the salad so much extra flavor...you are sure to enjoy this! (prep time includes refrigeration time).
Top Review by mtnairmama
Seemed a bit blah to my hubbie & me so I chopped up some fresh pineapple and added it which made it more flavorful & moist. We were both happy it was lowfat. Thanks for the recipe.
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes or 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup thin diagonally cut celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the paste to firm-tender; rinse with cold water, drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, and the next 7 ingredients (orange juice through rice vinegar); whisk to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta, chicken, grapes, celery, red onion, walnuts, chives and parsley; toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, to blend the flavors.